It sure is pretty here when the snow falls.
2010-2011 Grounds Projects
2010 year saw a lot of work around the grounds of Fort Missoula. Have a look at some of our updated buildings!
Work done included:
- Timber Building Floor Repair
- NCO Quarters Log Sealant Application
- Miller Creek Guard Cabin Log Sealant Application
- Homestead Cabin Window Replacement
- Homestead Cabin Loft Floor Repair
- Homestead Cabin Re-Chinking & Daubing Evaluation
- Removal of Damaged Trees
- Grant Creek Schoolhouse Roof Replacement
- Grant Creek Schoolhouse Re-painting
- Grant Creek Schoolhouse ADA Ramp Replacement
- Building T1 Asbestos Removal Project
- Building T1 Basement Collections Storage Painting
View the Flickr gallery of the work done.
The Museum Grounds are always open, always free. We have a printable Grounds Tour Map available to you to asist with your Historical Museum Visit.
"Detained for the Duration - Ft. Missoula Alien Detention Center (1941-1944)"
Italian: From Sea to Shining Sea; American Japanese: Crown Thy Good w/ Brotherhood [ADC Internee exhibit]
Running 05/29/00 - Present & 05/27/02 - Present
St. Michael's Church
"Sisters of Providence" .Sister's of Providence & Jesuit exhibit. Running 05/04/08 - Present
"Rails Through Missoula (Waiting Room)" Missoula railroad exhibit. Running 07/04/1997 - Present
Restored "The John Barrows Memorial Ticket Office" Running 05/01 - Present
Miller Creek Guard Cabin
"Fire Lookouts" Fire lookout exhibit. Running 1988 - Present.
Closed for restoration and exhibit development. Running 04/01/08 - Present
"Fire Lookout Exhibit" Running 1983 - Present.
Exterior restoration completed 2004, remains closed to public. Running 2004 - Present
Grant Creek School
"Grant Creek Schoolhouse" (Coatroom) Running 05/21/94 - Present
"Timber" Timber industry exhibit, to be re-envisioned and expanded with addition of Mike Roney Crosscut Saw Collection. Running 04/24/99 - Present