Free school programs 2014/2015 School Year
Outdoor Exhibit Tours (May – October)
- A Homesteader’s Life for me!
- Growing the Garden City – Life in Early Missoula
- Grant Creek Schoolhouse – Extended
- Fort Missoula – Military History Late 19th/early 20th centuries
- Fort Missoula – WWII Alien Detention Center
- Forestry and Fires
- Transportation, Then and Now
- Apple Days – Extended (Fall)
Indoor Exhibit Tours (Year Round)
- Growing the Garden City: Missoula’s First 50 Years (opens April 12th)
- Missoula Camera Club
- Orientation Gallery – changing exhibits, call for more information
- The Road to Today: 250 Years of Missoula’s History
We'll bring Missoula's History to you!
- Learning History Through Objects
- Fire Lookouts - K-12th grade
- "My Memories of the Frontier" by Captain Charles Rawn - 9-12th grade (must schedule 3 weeks in advance, limited availability)
- Homestead Lady - Preschool-3rd grade
- Any Trunk Program
Missoula History Through Children's Eyes
- Introduction-Presettlement 1700's-1850's
- Children on the Way
- Children and Their Environment
- Children at Home
- Children in Town
- Children at School
- Children and Art
Please call to reserve.
Teacher-led or docents available to lead components. Target age - 3rd grade.
- Tours and outreach programs require 2 weeks advance notice for scheduling (unless otherwise noted).
- Tours run Tuesday - Friday.
- Please contact Carolyn to schedule tours, outreach programs, and education trunk check-outs.
Director of Education
406-728-3476 ext. 3
contact Kristjana Eyjólfsson