Free school programs 2012/2013 School Year
Outdoor Exhibit Tours (May - October)
- All-Around-the-Grounds Tour
- Apple Days (FALL ONLY)
- Fire Lookout Tower and Miller Creek Guard Cabin
- Locomotives and Railroads
- One-Room Schoolhouse Experience
- Perpetual Monday- Laundry in the 1870's
- WW2 Alien Detention Center and Discrimination
Indoor Exhibit Tours (Year Round)
- "When The Mountains Roared: The Fire of 1910" (3/28/10- 1/1/12)
- "Let Wonderland Tell Its Story: The Henry Jackson Albert Types" Early Photographs of Yellowstone National Park (4/25/10- 1/1/11) - independent tour
- "The Road to Today: 250 Years of Missoula History" (permanent)
"We come to you"
- Wear a Hat for History - 1st-6th grade
- Fire Lookouts - K-12th grade
- "My Memories of the Frontier" by Captain Charles Rawn - 9-12th grade (must schedule 3 weeks in advance, limited availability)
- Homestead Lady - Preschool-3rd grade
- Missoula History Through Children's Eyes - 3rd grade
- Wizard of Flus - K-3rd grade
Missoula History Through Children's Eyes
- Introduction-Presettlement 1700's-1850's
- Children on the Way
- Children and Their Environment
- Children at Home
- Children in Town
- Children at School
- Children and Art
Please call to reserve.
Teacher-led or docents available to lead components. Target age - 3rd grade.
- Tours and outreach programs require 2 weeks advance notice for scheduling (unless otherwise noted).
- Tours run Tuesday - Friday.
- Please contact Dorene or Carolyn to schedule tours, outreach programs, and education trunk check-outs.
Director of Education
406.728.3476 ext. 3
406.729.3476 ext. 4